1) PRESENTATION TOPIC: National Breast Cancer Coalition
-Investigate the group’s key issues;
1) what is their mission
2) what is their legislative agenda
3) how is the agenda developed
4) how is it communicated to members
5) how is their agenda pushed and promoted (i.e., mechanisms used to engage/attract and influence policy makers)
6) what are the group’s current lobbying efforts
7) key partner coalitions
8) do their partnerships influence policies at the local, state or national level;
9) key obstacles
10) spending allocations (consult the Center for Responsible Politics, www.opensecrets.org).
PLEASE DO THE PRESENTATION IN 15 WELL DEVELOPED SLIDES, NO ALLOWED JUST WITH FEW SENTENCES .
Presentation is to be done in APA format and to include both learning objectives and a reference page.
2) Students should 1) summarize their findings in a 1page, single-spaced memo (Use Memo Format again).
-MUST BE DONE Both presentation IN 15 slides and written memo in 1 page
Learning objectives 5 points
Introduction 10 points
Investigate the group’s key issues 5 points
The group’s mission 5 points
Legislative agenda 5 points
Mechanisms used to engage/attract and influence policy makers 5 points
Current lobbying efforts 5 points
Key partner coalitions 5 points
Do their partnerships influence policies at the local, state or national level: key obstacles 5 points
Spending allocations (consult the Center for Responsible Politics, www.opensecrets.org). 10 points
Conclusion 5 points
APA References 10 points
Slide PowerPoint presentation 25 points