Program and Portfolio Management Strategy in Your Organization!
In this discussion, complete the following:
- Analyze the communications and human resources strategies in your organization, relative to program and portfolio management, that you may have encountered and describe each strategy’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Describe the details of the strategy in terms of the following domains:
- Strategic alignment.
- Portfolio performance.
- Portfolio risk management.
- Communications management.
- How is communication important in program and portfolio management, considering diverse cultural environments?
- Read Chapter 5, “Preparing the Organization for Portfolio Management: Overcoming Resistance and Obstacles,” pages 119–152.
- Read Baptestone, R., & Rabechini, R. (2018). Influence of portfolio management in decision-making. Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, 11(3), 406–428.
- In Project Management Institute. (2013). The standard for program management (3rd ed.). Newtown Square, PA: Author.
- Read Chapter 8, section 8.1, “Program Communication Management,” pages 73–77.
Use the Internet to complete the following: