Tell me your thesis statement for your comparison and contrast essay of Emily’s character
in A Rose for Emily and the narrator’s character in The Tell Tale Heart. Make sure that you
watch the thesis video to see how towrite a focused thesis statement. Please remember
that a thesis statement is ONE sentence that tells your topic and your stance/attitude. A
thesis statement should be focused. A helpful tip is to state your topic and tell “why” or
“because” all in the same sentence for the thesis statement.
Next, include your outline for your comparison and contrast essay beneath your thesis
statement typed in the same document.
● Make sure your whole document is inMLA format, including the header and
heading in the correct placement. This was addressed in previous videos. (I
believe the one for the works cited if you need to check.)
● For the “I” (very first) bullet under the approved title, add your approved thesis
● Use the bulleted/numbered system shown in the video (I, A, 1 scaffolding), and
get the outline set upwith at least three planned paragraphs containing
multiple pieces of evidence. Keep inmind that three is the bareminimum, not
guaranteeing a good grade. Your thesis statement is what really determines
your number of body paragraphs, and your conclusion is a restated thesis
statement at this stage.
● Each body paragraphmust have aminimum of three pieces of evidence from
your two sources (Anecdotal evidence and personal opinion is not evidence in
academic writing.) The evidence and the in-text citations with the
corresponding works cited pagemust be in the document and in the correct
place for credit. This ensures the best chance for not plagiarizing later.
● Submit your outline for your 300-word ormore comparison and contrast paper.