NOTE: This and the remaining assignments are geared toward your completion of the research proposal for this course. Attached, is the template for the proposal, and we will begin with the “Problem Statement and Review of the Literature”. The focus of your proposal must be directly related to School or Mental Health Counseling.
For this assignment you are required to review the literature and write the problem statement.
Requirements – 2-3 pages (size 12 font, double-spacing) –
Here is the guide for writing the PROBLEM STATEMENT.
NOTE: All articles must be cited in the body of the paper and detailed at the end (in the references) according to the APA (American Psychological Association) guidelines – https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.
You are required to cite at least 5 (five) different peer-reviewed sources for this section.
1. Begin with a strong statement using facts (including statistical data) that describes the problem, issue or concern that you would like to focus on. (1 paragraph). This is generally specific to a group or location, among other factors. Do not write in the first person (that is, do not begin your sentences with “I”).
2. Write about the problem from a wider perspective. Does this problem exist elsewhere, and what is the situation? (2-3 paragraphs)
3. What factors have been reported in the research literature to explain this problem? (2-3 paragraphs)
4. What programs, interventions, or treatments have been used to address this problem – based on the peer-reviewed literature? (2-3 paragraphs)
5. Are those programs, interventions, or treatments fully effective? Quite likely not – the reason you have identified a problem. Therefore, describe what is lacking (in other words, the gap that you want to help to fill). (2-3 paragraphs)
6. Conclude with a research objective. In other words, given the problem you have identified, what do you propose to do for your research project? In writing the research objective, please make clear the variables or constructs that you intend to measure. For example, the level of self-esteem, depression, anxiety, etc. Such variables will be defined and operationalized later. (1-2 paragraphs)
#Write #problem #wider #perspective #problem